Does your business still use a landline phone system? Does your business rely on the…
For All Your Phone System Needs
How To Place Calls On The Polycom VVX 400/410 Phones
You can place a call using the handset, speakerphone, headset, or be pressing the line key of the number you want to call. You may start by dialing the number, and then choose a method to use by picking up the handset, pressing the SPEAKER button, pressing the HEADSET button, or pressing the line key of the person you want to call. Or you may choose a method to use first, and then dial the number.
You can also place calls manually from the Dialer, or automatically by tapping a favorite in Lines view or from your Favorites list, Recent Calls list, or Contact Directory.
Calling From The Dialer
The Dialer displays a list of previously-placed calls. Either select an entry to automatically enter it or start entering a number. As you enter numbers, the Dialer displays a list of similar numbers. Use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to select a match and automatically enter it.
To display the Dialer, do one of the following:
- From Home View, select New Call.
- From Lines or Calls view, press New Call.
- Note: The New Call soft key doesn’t display if you have an active call
- If your phone is idle, start entering a phone number
- Pickup the handset, or press the SPEAKER button or HEADSET button. Note: This method only works if you don’t have an active call.
- In Lines view, press a line key that doesn’t have any calls.
When you access the Dialer, an active call is held.
To call from the Dialer:
- Enter the number, and then pick up the handset, press a line key, press the SPEAKER button, or press the HEADSET button.
- If you’re already in handset, speakerphone, or headset mode, enter the number, and press Dial.
Note: Your System Administrator sets up your phone to automatically place the call after you enter a certain number of digits. If your phone doesn’t automatically place the call, press Send. If a call is placed before you enter all the digits, enter the phone number and press Send.
Placing Calls From Favorites, Recent Calls, And Directories
In addition to the Dialer, you can place calls from the Recent Calls lists, Favorites list, or from your Directory. You can also call a favorite from the Lines view.
To call from the Recent Calls list, choose from one of the following options:
- From Home view, select Directories and select Recent Calls.
- From Lines view, press the right arrow key for the Placed Calls list, the down arrow key for the Missed Calls list, or the left arrow key for the Received Calls list.
From the recent calls list, select the person you want to call and press Dial.
To call from your Favorites list, choose from one of the following options:
- From Home view, select Directories > Favorites
- From Line view, press the up arrow key to access the Favorites list
From your Favorites list, select the favorite you want to call and press Dial.
To call from your Directory:
- From Home view, select Directories and then select Contact Directory.
- From your Directory, select the contact you want to call.
- Place the call by doing one of the following:
- From the contact’s information screen, press Info, select the contact, and press Dial.
- Select the contact and press Dial.
To dial the last numbers you called, press the right arrow key for the Placed Calls list. The first number in the list is the last call you placed.
To redial a number:
- From the Placed Calls list, press Dial.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select the other previously placed calls.
And that is how you place calls on your Polycom VVX phone. Please see your System Administrator for further questions.
Find a great selection of business phones and telephone equipment from top manufacturers, including Polycom, online at Startechtel.com. To speak with us directly, please call 800-564-8045. You can also connect with us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
Tags: business phones, Call Handling, How to, Polycom