For your busy office needs, the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G utilizes current software to…
For All Your Phone System Needs
Call Handling On The Cisco 8841 IP Phone
Place A Call
- Dial a number and then lift the handset (or press speaker button).
- Lift handset (or press New Call or speaker button) and dial a number.
Internal Calls (4 Digit Extensions)
- Dial a user’s 4 digit extension to call to an internal phone.
- Dial 9 + XXX-XXXX
Long Distance Calls
- Dial 9 + 1 + XXX-XXXX
Emergency (911) Calls
- Dial either 2222 or 2226 (911 and 9+911 will be directed to 2222).
Answering & Ending A Call
- Lift handset, press the Answer softkey or speaker button.
- Hang-up handset or press the EndCall softkey to end a call.
Ignore A Call (Divert)
- When the phone is ringing, but you want to send the caller directly to your voicemail, press the Decline softkey.
Redial A Number
- Press Redial softkey.
- Lift the handset and press the <Navigation> pad arrows to select a number from your call history.
- Press Contacts.
- Select Corporate Directory.
- Select either First Name, Last Name or Number.
- Enter the search criteria, press Submit, and select a contact.
- Press Dial or Press Details to check user details.
Hold And Resume A Call
- To place a call on hold, press Hold button.
- To retrieve call, either press the Resume softkey or Hold button.
Transfer A Call
- Verify that you are on an active call (not on hold).
- Press Transfer.
- Enter the transfer recipient’s phone number.
- Wait for the recipient to answer or skip to Step 5.
- Press Transfer again.
- If you have multiple lines, select a line to view.
- Press Applications.
- Scroll to Recents.
- To dial from the list, scroll to a call and press Call.
And that is how you handle basic calls on the Cisco 8841 IP phone. If you have further questions, please see your System Administrator.
Get the Cisco 8841 IP phone and find more new and refurbished phones and equipment for affordable prices at Startechtel.com. For pricing and availability on specific products, feel free to contact us 800-564-8045. You may also connect with us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.