For businesses that need to interact with partners around the globe, conference calls can be…
For All Your Phone System Needs
Conference Call Features Of The Nortel M3902 Phone
You can set up a Conference call for up to six people (including yourself) on the Nortel M3902 phone. Contact your network administrator to determine the maximum number of people your system allows on a conference call.
To set up a conference call:
- Press the Conference Key while you are on a call. The other party is on hold and you receive a dial tone.
- Dial the number of the person you want to add to the conference.
- Press the Conference Key when the person answers. Everyone is able to join the conversation.
If the person you attempt to add to the conference is unavailable:
- Press the Goodbye Key.
- Press the Line (DN) Key to return to your original call.
The Call Join feature allows you to connect an incoming call to a call already in progress thereby creating a conference call. In order to use Call Join, your telephone must be configured with either a second line (DN) or a Call Waiting Key.
To connect a call on hold (on a different line) to your current call:
- Press the Conference Key.
- Press the Key that has the caller you want to connect to your current call.
- Press the Conference Key again. The person on hold joins your conversation.
Selectable Conferee Display & Disconnect
You can view the list of active conferees by using the Conferee Selectable Display Key and disconnect any party that has been added to the conference call.
Note: This feature is not available on the Meridian SL-100 system.
To view active conferees:
- While on a conference call, press the Conferee Selectable Display Key. The LCD indicator turns on. With each key press, the screen changes to show a different active conferee.
Note: This action has no effect on the displays of the other telephones involved in the conference.
- Press the Goodbye Key. If configured, the Conference Count Display returns. The LCD indicator turns off.
To disconnect a conferee:
- While on a conference call, press the Conferee Selectable Display Key. The LCD indicator turns on. Continue to press the key until the conferee you want to delete appears on the screen.
- Press the Line (DN) Key on which the conference call is established. The selected conferee is disconnected from the call.
Note: If there are additional conferees to be disconnected, press the Conferee Selectable Display Key until the conferee that is to be disconnected is displayed on the screen.
- Press the Goodbye Key. If configured the Conference Count Display returns and is updated to reflect the revised total count of conferees. The LCD indicator turns off.
And that is how you use the conference call features on the Nortel M3902 phone. Please see your network administrator for more information.
To find a great selection of new and refurbished Nortel phone systems and much more, visit Startechtel.com. Browse our stock online or call 800-564-8045 to speak with us directly. You may also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.